Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Early Release Days are difficult!

Today was my first day teaching on an early release day (we have them pretty much every Wednesday). By the time students get a mind mover done and settled they only have like 30 minutes! Today we did a couple of cool activities: one class did posters presenting the data from the bubble gum activities and the other class did marketing and labeling for the popcorn we popped yesterday. I have found that when you take the time to slow down and go through an activity like you want to, even though it takes much longer than you thought, the students do much better. My first period class is still doing good though considering they are my trial class-poor guys. I'll add some pics of some of the stuff the kids made today, they did a great job!

No comments:

Post a Comment