Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Planting Cucumbers!

I would like to take a moment to almost brag about the success of my classes cucumber planting on Monday. I have heard middle school teachers complain about the chaos that ensued when they had their students planting seeds but I am proud to say I found a way to make it work- at least for me. Since they were planting them in trays I knew the whole class couldn't do it at one time because only do many kids can fit around a tray at one time. So I had students do a worksheet that the answers were found in one of the chapters of their book and I called three or four students at a time to the back for planting. I drew pictures on the board and explained the procedures and then the kids worked together to plant three or four cells in the tray. Now I'm just praying they will grow!

No comments:

Post a Comment